View Poll Results: EU Referendum - remain or leave?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain in the EU.

9 39.13%
  • Leave the EU.

12 52.17%
  • I honestly do not know what we should do.

2 8.70%
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: EU Referendum - Remain or leave?

Looking at the provable facts, it seems to me that the main people that benefit being in the EU are the Government and large companies and fat cats that regularly dodge paying tax. There are people in power pretending to be interested in leaving the EU even though we will all be worse off financially however, it's a double bluff. Trusted economists have already stated that we will be thousands of pounds better off if we leave. Mainly because we won't be stuck in the EU trade agreement that artificially increases the cost of goods.

Being in the EU made sense before the Internet but now we can arrange our own trade deals.

I think we should withdraw from the EU just for a trial run to see how it goes. It's not like they wouldn't let us back in if we changed our mind. However, many of the 1st world countries that aren't in the EU are booming compared to those of us that are in the EU. We have a fairly good economy yet we are bailing out the likes of Greece who have been bankrupt so many times I was surprised that they let them in in the first place.

However, it should be noted, because the Government want us in the EU, even if most of us vote out, somehow the vote will end in their favour. As it is with the crooked nature of the Government.

I quite like this tongue in cheek look into the future beyond the referendum.

http://masterinvestor.co.uk/brexit/b...ne-point-zero/

Q - if it's better financially to leave then why does the governor of the Bank of England insist we stay?

What is his motivation?

Is he acting as independent from the 2 campaigns?

Can't believe im the only one who doesn't know which way to vote. Where is everyone going to get their information or are people voting with their hearts?

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk - forfour technical forum
    www.evilution.co.uk
    www.quidco.com << CLICK - cash back on car insurance and online purchases

Quote Originally Posted by bob-in-dav View Post
    I'm sorry to disagree but why is it incumbent on brexiteers to "make their case" - they have and he has decided to listen to and take the opposing point of view.

Using phrases like "brexiteers whine about" shows complete disdain for those with a different point of view.

And so it goes on.
    Confrontational in that I am willing (and want) to hear a positive case for Brexit.
    The whine comment is because elsewhere all I have heard is emotive jingoistic notions of 'regaining power' and the like. There has to be a more concrete argument than mere flag waving. That those who have instigated this referendum wont share their view of a post Brexit UK is no surprise (with EU safeguards for our population removed there will be little to check a far right government should we find ourselves ruled by one).

I am prepared to change my mind but it will take a vision of a better outcome for this country (including the effect on it should the EU falter in our absence) to make me deviate and jettison what has worked at least reasonably well for several decades and like any divorce, the departure will be messy and costly (with only lawyers benefiting).

edit PS.
    Incumbent because it always is incumbent on those proposing change to explain why. No different to say, a car salesman urging you to sell your car and change to one of his. Why? You'd be asking 'why should I change?'. If I am happy with what I have, why change? I have to be convinced.
    Last edited by pinger; 25-05-2016 at 10:33 AM.

Oi - stop making sense and therefore me having to agree with you!! This isn't out relationship. We argue not agree!!

I am 100% with you.

If Boris could stand up and say exactly why the country is better out of the EU (that can't be negotiated from within the EU) then how do I know why I should vote leave?!?

I have a friend from uni - she was normal once and now is the most bigoted person I know, using Facebook to pedal her racist crap (draped in a thin veil of wanting to preserve the country) while some of her best friends from 15 years back are of Italian, Pakistani, Indian and Goan heritage. She is deep in the mire of UKIP greyness and although is speaking at UKIP events on why she thinks we should leave, is a self
    Professed non voter until the last election!

People are mad

Why let us decide

JJ

www.evilution.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by evilution View Post
    However, it should be noted, because the Government want us in the EU, even if most of us vote out, somehow the vote will end in their favour. As it is with the crooked nature of the Government.
    Agree 100%, as we speak the government are being investigated for electoral fraud and potential election expenses in the 2016 election. So there is no-way they can be trusted to play by the rules concerning next months vote to either leave or stay. So for those who are truly convinced by all the lies and propaganda that is being spun, you will surely get your wish come the 23rd June.

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild1976 View Post
    Oi - stop making sense and therefore me having to agree with you!! This isn't out relationship. We argue not agree!!

I am 100% with you.

If Boris could stand up and say exactly why the country is better out of the EU (that can't be negotiated from within the EU) then how do I know why I should vote leave?!?

I have a friend from uni - she was normal once and now is the most bigoted person I know, using Facebook to pedal her racist crap (draped in a thin veil of wanting to preserve the country) while some of her best friends from 15 years back are of Italian, Pakistani, Indian and Goan heritage. She is deep in the mire of UKIP greyness and although is speaking at UKIP events on why she thinks we should leave, is a self
    Professed non voter until the last election!

People are mad
    Sadly, I have to agree that the influence of UKIP is a malignant one.

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild1976 View Post
    Why let us decide

JJ
    It's overspilled from the old Tory (deep) division over the EU. John Major was plagued by it and DC has folded rather than face down his back benchers who were mad at him for not winning the 2010 election outright. One look at the Eurosceptics and a quick comparison of their lives (of Etonian privilege) with mine is enough to inform me that their interests are not in the interests of myself or the wider UK population. Allowing these people to assume power (and they will as DC will be forced to quit if Brexit occurs) and them then running riot over our rights is a sure fire consequence of voting leave. 45 hour working week anyone?

Pinger - I love your car analogy - why change it if it ain't broke?

Maybe because it's not as reliable, safe, eco friendly or getting any better with age than it was when it was designed and built? - Bit like the EU?

I just love to hear people criticise Nigel Farage - always branded as a racist when it was always about numbers - remember what he said about the imminent inclusion of Romania etc?
    No- they didn't all set off and leave on the first day of entitlement but there has been a pretty steady influx ever since with numbers much larger than predicted or expected.
    So is anybody going to listen to him now in relation to Turkey and their accelerated adoption?

Heated arguments about the NHS have been focusing on the massive contribution made by immigrants (quite rightly) but there's much less debate about the strain that the system has come under because of the massively increased numbers - I remember some of the figures being quoted in London in relation to maternity departments - staggeringly high proportion of immigrants.

Schools in some parts of the country expected to reach certain standards or be deemed as "failing" but also having to cope with an unpredictable influx of European children speaking several different languages. (It's all about numbers again)

Anyway - the referendum is going to be a mess!

There needs to be a minimum turnout declared to make it valid - everybody should have been told that they must use their vote in much the same way as the census required people to state who they were and where they were on a particular date.
    In this day and age it should be possible to achieve 90+% participation by using some form of on line voting - people are used to the idea.
    At least this will effectively be a form of proportional representation unlike the first past the post system of elections.

Nigel Farage isn't a racist but his party draws them in as there isnt another valid party for them to join.

and his policies (in part) are a good idea.

Some friends in a pub could also come up with some excellent ideas for the country - delivering them to cost/time is a different matter.

The world isn't correct just because we dispose of something that we've drawn weary of even if it's still working rather than make a decision to future proof it. The analogy to cars is a funny one really because of this being a smart car forum - a ticking time bomb of cost car if the shell of the vehicle is sound the mecahicals can be upgraded and fixed if we have the skills/knowledge. But we don't so most take the easy option and write off years of investment of money and time and valued service to jump into a car we don't know anything about - just know it's newer but untested. Yet what we all think we have is the knowledge and info to decide to write off out EU membership for something that isn't even shiney and new, it's somethig that's not been driven for decades and has an untrustworthy crew up front who just keep arguing what direction to go - tugging on the wheel both ways while all their "mates" in the back shout and heckle and direct them back the way we just came

Funny times

JJ
    Last edited by problemchild1976; 25-05-2016 at 05:53 PM.

www.evilution.co.uk