View Poll Results: EU Referendum - remain or leave?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain in the EU.

9 39.13%
  • Leave the EU.

12 52.17%
  • I honestly do not know what we should do.

2 8.70%
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: EU Referendum - Remain or leave?

At least we were treated to a bravura performance from David Mitchell last night on C4 Alt Election, he was on fire!
    Paul
    Pure 2000 W, LHD 599cc - Engine Rebuilt Feb 08 - sold
    Passion 2000 W, LHD 599cc - Engine Rebuilt Mar 09 - sold
    Passion 1998 T, LHD 599cc - Engine Rebuilt Apr 10 - sold
    Cabrio 2001 Y, LHD 599cc - Engine Rebuilt Jul 10 Replaced Oct 16

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    None of which is relevant to the point I was making.
    Entirely relevant. When Westminster no longer presides over the regions it can govern for England alone.

Quote Originally Posted by UKKid35 View Post
    At least we were treated to a bravura performance from David Mitchell last night on C4 Alt Election, he was on fire!
    Only saw the first 15 minutes. Skipped channels to watch Mock The Week and Frankie Boyle. All good there! Frankie Boyle's take down of Paul Nuttal (at the end of the show) was stunning.

Good 'ol YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX3vW-IfPzE
    Last edited by pinger; 09-06-2017 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinger View Post
    Entirely relevant. When Westminster no longer presides over the regions it can govern for England alone.
    OK, so you missed the point I was making, sorry about that. Didn't use small enough words perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    OK, so you missed the point I was making, sorry about that. Didn't use small enough words perhaps?
    Spare me the patronising. Try communicating clearly instead.

the process is wrong though

we are voting for who we want representing our local area yet it dictates who runs the country so do people vote for the person on the card or the leader of the country?

so the SNP are focused on local affairs (as they should be) and will never get to lead the country.

so if people voted correctly (for the person who represents them in parliament) and say in every area an awesome independent runs who can ensure they are out for the constituents first then there will never be a majority govt.

so what do we do? we vote for the party we want to lead the country. and thats based on policy, whether we believe they can deliver them and the personality of the leader and how we feel he/she can represent the country to the rest of the world.

i spent days reviewing policies and manifestos and there was no single party that was suitable - i liked bits from all of them!

all of the parties have their hands tied - NHS, Education, Social care take up most of the budget. The rest is in the margins and they are salami slicing.

someone needs to raise taxes, invest in and reform the NHS, invest more in education to get class sizes down, reduce the amount spent in social care and revisit devolved spending to ensure clarity and NAO open book.

i also don't believe BREXIT should be a political party negotiated activity. take it out of the political arena.

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk - forfour technical forum
    www.evilution.co.uk
    www.quidco.com << CLICK - cash back on car insurance and online purchases

Here are three ways the system could be changed to work better:

1) Vote for who you don't want, least votes wins.
    2) Do away with the candidate altogether and vote for who you want out of the general population and make it compulsory.
    3) Do not pay anything to anyone for being an MP until after term when the people decide what the work that person did is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild1976 View Post
    i also don't believe BREXIT should be a political party negotiated activity. take it out of the political arena.

JJ
    Increasingly, in the wake of the election, there are calls for the negotiating team to be cross-party (not just nasty party!) The idea may yet gain traction.

Quote Originally Posted by pinger View Post
    Increasingly, in the wake of the election, there are calls for the negotiating team to be cross-party (not just nasty party!) The idea may yet gain traction.
    That makes sense if you are going to make the meal out of it that they are doing.

To me with the result being "out" should have meant that from the day after you needed a passport, all the stupid rules and laws that Europe forced on us were null and we went back to how we were before the "European Union" replaced the "common market" which is all that the people voted for and wanted anyway.