View Poll Results: EU Referendum - remain or leave?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain in the EU.

9 39.13%
  • Leave the EU.

12 52.17%
  • I honestly do not know what we should do.

2 8.70%
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: EU Referendum - Remain or leave?

The U and the K both disappeared when the "after thoughts" got their own governments while the English have to share theirs.

One of those 'after thoughts' tried to give you your parliament back but the English contingent resident in Scotland voted against.
    It really is astonishing how all consuming (to the point of jettisoning Union and monarchy) this English nationalist project has become.

Boris is a notorious liar and wanker.
    Drives a Smart Cdi - 65 to 85 MPG

We are all getting to find out what Divide and Rule looks like in a modern democracy

It was unpleasant enough to watch it happening in the US, never thought I'd get to see it in the UK as well
    Paul
    Pure 2000 W, LHD 599cc - Engine Rebuilt Feb 08 - sold
    Passion 2000 W, LHD 599cc - Engine Rebuilt Mar 09 - sold
    Passion 1998 T, LHD 599cc - Engine Rebuilt Apr 10 - sold
    Cabrio 2001 Y, LHD 599cc - Engine Rebuilt Jul 10 Replaced Oct 16

Quote Originally Posted by UKKid35 View Post
    We are all getting to find out what Divide and Rule looks like in a modern democracy

It was unpleasant enough to watch it happening in the US, never thought I'd get to see it in the UK as well
    Well, quite. I'm getting sick of the whole crisis. My contention has always been this: we couldn't win the Second World War without American support and money (that took us 60 or so years to pay back); we were humiliated during the Suez Crisis; we have no Empire to exploit. The oil is drying up.

Given that, how on earth are we going to thrive after a hard Brexit? We aren't a powerful country anymore - those days passed over 80 years ago.

Brexit has only ever been a fantasy, a fantasy that will, eventually, collide with reality. Then, and only then, will this country come to its collective senses. The trouble is by then the damage will already have been done.

Quote Originally Posted by ursus2[B
    62;270917]Well, quite. I'm getting sick of the whole crisis. My contention has always been this: we couldn't win the Second World War without American support and money (that took us 60 or so years to pay back); we were humiliated during the Suez Crisis; we have no Empire to exploit. The oil is drying up.
    [/B]
    Given that, how on earth are we going to thrive after a hard Brexit? We aren't a powerful country anymore - those days passed over 80 years ago.

Brexit has only ever been a fantasy, a fantasy that will, eventually, collide with reality.Then, and only then, will this country come to its collective senses . The trouble is by then the damage will already have been done.
    I'm not so sure.
    I suspect an endless blame game whichever way it goes.
    The fear seems to be that about half of the leave voters who want a no-deal exit (circa 8.5million) will kick off if they don't get it. That's nothing to the 24.5million who were opposed to it and are hurt by the weakening economy and shortages. Hope the OAPs are up for the fight - for sure they are outnumbered.
    Shortages - no problem they say. We Have the Dunkirk spirit they say. Except in WW2 your wife wasn't yelling across an empty kitchen table that ''It's all your ****ing fault there's nothing to eat''. They haven't quite figured that out yet. Hard to figure anything out looking backwards though.