Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: switching pod positons? 2011 on

For interest, I just had a look at the 451 LHD versions, and the pods are in the exact same positions as the RHD, hence the Rev counter is set up closer to driver on the LHD models, and were too lazy to swap them over for the RHD models.

Car manufacturers can be a bit like that, on not making an effort for RHD models.

Look at the new 453 Fortwo and Forfour, where there is hardly any room for putting your foot to the left of the clutch pedal, resulting in you having to rest your foot under the pedal itself, if you have size 10 shoes or above.
    Yet the LHD has so much room they can put in a foot rest to the left of the clutch pedal.

Indeed Colin, don't like the sound of that 453 footrest.. every car needs a decent footrest!!

So job done;

This really is a 10 min job on these later cars once you've worked out what to do!

Goes as follows;

Remove pod trims (come off very easy by hand)
    Remove cover between pods on base
    undo screw in centre of base (t9 torx i think)
    Pull base away from dash - needs a little force
    Undo two t8 torx screws underneath for the clock, and disconnect connector underneath base in the middle (small flat bladed electrical screwdriver works well)
    Remove clock pod from base
    Unscrew two t8 screws holding rev counter to pod, pull out rev counter and disconnect white plug (can be done by hand) remove rev counter unit and pod and pull wires through base
    Now base and both pods are free its just a case of putting it back together but with the pods in the different positions.

Now I just need to get used to it and stop looking the clock!!

Nice job, well done