Thread: Rust around Windscreen

Unhappy Rust around Windscreen

Hi there,

I've been lurking on the forum for quite some time but until now have never posted.

I'm the proud owner of a 2003 450 Brabus that has been remapped by Ian at Big Performance and is also looked after by him (can't recommend Ian highly enough).

I've noticed a couple of areas around the bottom of the windscreen on each side that have begun to show signs of rust (see attachments). I wanted to ask if anyone has any recommendations for places around the London / Surrey area to get this looked at and sorted - as with all things rust related its better to get it fixed sooner rather than later?

Many thanks

BobbaFett
    Attached Images Attached Images

The problem with rust is that once it's there, you will struggle to get rid of it.

So 2 options:

1. Get it done by a cheap or mobile bodyshop who will do a localised repair on it (perhaps with application of some "rust-eater" or similar) and it will look nice for a few months - maybe longer if you're lucky, before it returns
    2. Take it somewhere where they will cut out the rust and weld in replacement metal. It will be more expensive but if you're planning to keep the car long term it's the better option.

I can recommend someone in Hampshire but it's probably a bit far for you.
    Ian also has his own guy he uses for bodywork - so why not ask him to make a referral for you?
    ==============================
    2004 Roadster-Coupe SB2 Brabus
    2005 ForTwo Brabus Numeric
    2014 Skoda Yeti 4x4 DSG
    ex 2002 City Coupe 600cc Pulse
    ex 2003 City Coupe 700cc Passion
    ==============================

There will be more under the rubber too, needs windscreen out to sort properly.