Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2010 cdi passion

I recently had a long running boost problem with my petrol 450. What would happen was when I tried to pull away quickly the car would go into a sort of limp mode. It seemed to restrict the throttle opening so you had to put your foot down a lot further to drive normalish. If I drove softly, accelerating gently, the car would be fine.
    Eventually I found the pipe that goes from the turbo to the cycle valve had perished. It looked fine but if you pulled it, it would be very stretchy at one point. I replaced this pipe & it has been fine since.
    What I think was happening was that the MAP sensor would see a sudden increase in pressure, tell the cycle valve to open so sending pressure to the wastegate. But there wasn't enough pressure in the system to open it, therefore over boosting & sending it into safe mode. When driving gently the pressure had time to build in the system so it was fine. One clue for me was I never seemed to get the same boost on my gauge, it varied from a max of 1bar to 1.4bar. Now I always get a max of about 1bar no matter how I drive.
    Don't know if this helps in any way.

thanks mr t,
    this is a late cdi 2010, but thank you so much for replying

so i carried on removing parts to get access too check the rest of the loom to the sensors, and someone has blanked off the egr, now i thought you had to do more than just blank it off, a emulator or a electrical device to fool the ecu signals that the ecu is still looking for ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

There is no point in just blanking it off, you need to fit a small circuit to fool the MAF sensor that the EGR is still working or you will get faults.

Blanking it off is also not necessary, just leave it where it is and unplug it then fit the small circuit.

Having said that, eventually you will need to either blank off both ends of the cooler or remove it because the water jacket in there will eventually leak stuffing antifreeze into you cat, not good to let that happen.

There are threads on the circuit in the forum somewhere I think.

no ,this I what I found ,not what iam fitting, ?? I don't think there is a solution for the 2010 onwards, your referring to the electrical emulator in circuit and the blanking off on the earlier smart cdi, ,,
    Last edited by martininkent; 31-05-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by martininkent View Post
    no ,this I what I found ,not what iam fitting, ?? I don't think there is a solution for the 2010 onwards, your referring to the electrical emulator in circuit and the blanking off on the earlier smart cdi, ,,
    That I have fitted to mine which is identical to yours.

you have what fitted to yours ? a plate ? or the whole kit ? see below .

https://tafmet.pl/english/egr-simula...553474275.html

where did you wire in the emulator ?
    thanks

I have a two resistors and a diode connected to the live - EGR active - MAF sensor. I have no idea what that box is but for sure it is 100 times the cost of making one. I have no blanking plate, no need, the EGR vacuum switch si not connected to anythign so it can never open. It will eventually leak when the water jacket on the cooler corrodes through and I will remove it and plank off the pipe from the exhaust at that time.

got the parts today, so iam going to have a go at doing it tomorrow, wiring diagram seems a bit wrong to me ?

if yours is the same as mine which wire did you use on the maf sensor , there is 4 not 3 as the diagrams says ? thanks