Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fortwo CDI 450 won't start P1482 N14/2 (Glow output stage) Cable break

The oil lamp is controlled by a simple pressure switch. Only low oil pressure due to oil starvation, failed oil pump or worn out oil pump drive will turn that light on.
    Drives a Smart Cdi - 65 to 85 MPG

Quote Originally Posted by tolsen View Post
    The oil lamp is controlled by a simple pressure switch. Only low oil pressure due to oil starvation, failed oil pump or worn out oil pump drive will turn that light on.
    The light is on when the engine is not running admittedly the oil pressure is low under such circumstance but in that case a loose connection or bulb will make it flash..

My 2009 CDI recently did a similar....fine one evening, not starting the next morning. Mr AA man diagnosed starter motor as everything else seemed ok. He transported me to my local smart Indi.

They also diagnosed started motor was dead. Fitted new, but still wouldn't turn over.

I believe it turned out to be a broken earth between the gearbox and somewhere.

Fortunately I had taken out the AA repair insurance so they paid the bill. However, this was the last straw (too much going wrong too often) and I've since sold the car.

Thoroughly recommend the AA breakdown "warranty" bit though!