Thread: Too buy or not too buy, that is the question!!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Too buy or not too buy, that is the question!!!!!!!

Hi all,
    I have all but decided on my next Smart car, a nice 2006 Passion Cabriolet, but my Wife is bit concerned about the carrying capacity.
    Our last Smart a 450 Passion fortwo was able to carry 2 medium suitcases and we were always able to get the weekly shopping in the boot. My question is: How easy is it to get 2 medium sized suitcases in the back of a Cabriolet? would we have to lower the roof? and how do you open and get things in the boot? is it just a matter of opening the boot door like a fixed roof Smart or is there more to it?
    Cheers

The boot on a 450 cabriolet is still a split boot affair that opens with the bottom first, then two clips in the corners to lift the back section of the roof up (so the Coupe in reverse order). The boot on my brothers 2004 Cabriolet has a microswitch above the numberplate to open it from the outside. As far as carrying capacity goes, it is a little less square than the Coupe and does impinge a little into the available space. You'd have to physically try it but I seriously doubt the roof would need to be lowered.

Thanks for that.

Turned down the Cabriolet, it had a really rough interior. Now I"m considering a 2009 CDI, but I have read bad reports concerning the DPF. The CDI that I want to go and see is about thirty miles from me, do all 2009 CDIs have a DPF? I read one forum where the owner of a CDI had his DPF removed, is this legal? and if so what is involved? I"ve just found out that the CDI I am interested in is a 2009 45bhp model, does this mean it does not have a DPF fitted?
    Last edited by mudinuri007; 20-06-2017 at 08:44 AM.

Not all 2009 have a DPF. They started fitting it mid year so an early one will not have one.

How to tell, hmm. No throttle body on a non-DPF, no pipes coming out of the exhaust or sensors screwed into it other than the lambda sensor. No pressure differential sensor on the non-DPF. You can see that by looking through the slots under the boot lid. The far left one has the pressure sensor visible fastened to the end of the chassis.

There are probably other ways to tell but not shouting at me right now.

45hp not 54hp