Thread: MTK Tuning Exhaust?

MTK Tuning Exhaust?

Hi All,

Has anyone ever heard of or seen one of these exhausts on a 451?

https://www.mtk-tuning.com/silencieu...451-31072.html

This is the stealth/racing one if you like, but they do also do twin centre exit jobs.

I came across the website after some of the guys on the roadster forum were discussing them, it looks like a few of them have one and have said the quality/fit is good, the price once you get onto the twin tip jobs rivals s-mann, but for this standard bumper job it's cheap

You cant compare a MTK exhaust with a S-mann exhaust.
    They are world apart , in price and quality.

The MTK exhaust is a good replacement for a stock exhaust.
    The S-mann exhaust give better performance.

Also the difference in diameter in downpipe , between the two exhausts
    The MTK diameter is 38 mm
    The S-mann diameter is 50 mm

So if you look for a sports exhaust, then go for the S-mann.
    If you want a replacement exhaust, then go for the MTK.

Thanks for the info Ozzy, have you seen/heard an MTK exhaust before?

I'm sure it isn't as good as an S-Mann but then its well under half the price so all relative.. I wouldn't say it's a replacement for stock though, for one there is no CAT (though apparently there is a small piece of material in the pipe which is just enough to keep the light out) and according to the roadster boys it's also relatively loud though not unbearable. I would expect it to increase performance certainly on a euro5 car like mine, but obviously perhaps not as much as the S-Mann.

S-Mann would be my preference in an ideal world for sure, but your talking 630 plus for their stealth pipe vs 240 for the MTK version, makes it hard to justify when most of the non brabus 451 turbos are worth little more than 3k.

Quote Originally Posted by 328isport;268556.

I wouldn't say it's a replacement for stock though, for one there is no CAT .
    That for me would eliminate it - on safety grounds.
    What if the car is somewhere where the exhaust fumes cannot escape (eg garage, tyre fitters, etc) and the assumption is that with a modern car no personal harm can occur? And it does.
    There has already been a case where two people died of CO poisoning in a Fiesta ST after the cat delete was shoddily done and fumes leaked from a leaking gasket. Out through bonnet vents then into the cabin via heater vents. Unforeseen, but two died as a consequence.
    Unless you are present 100% of the time the car runs, deleting cats poses an unseen risk to others who may be around the car - and it is very difficult to foresee all the eventualities that could contribute to that. Accident recovery is one and should that be the scenario, you will be in no position to warn those moving the car. Personally, I wouldn't delete a cat for concern of others' safety.

I think some people need to stay in bed , because the world outside can be dangerous!

Quote Originally Posted by ossy View Post
    I think some people need to stay in bed , because the world outside can be dangerous!
    I think some people better recognise where danger is and while prepared to assess it and accept it are not prepared to put in danger the lives of others who are in no position to spot the peril. Anything less is narcissistically selfish.

Exhaust leak into the cabin will kill you with or without a Catalytic converter....

John

Quote Originally Posted by Heinkeljb View Post
    Exhaust leak into the cabin will kill you with or without a Catalytic converter....

John
    In the Fiesta case it wasn't the de-cat that killed but the pre-cat leak.
    But, in current times people see no danger in having a car running in a confined space while people are present but outside the vehicle. This is potentially lethal without a cat in the system the only way it can be prevented absolutely is by always being with the running car and preventing the scenario. If this is not 100% achievable then others could be put at risk. That rules out ever leaving a car for any work, valeting, etc let alone the possibility of it being recovered, impounded etc.

Perhaps Dutch jails are more hospitable than British ones....

Perhaps people that don't consider the risk from running any internal combustion engine in an enclosed space, with or without a catalytic converter, should be awarded a Darwin award and hopefully the species will be improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Perhaps people that don't consider the risk from running any internal combustion engine in an enclosed space, with or without a catalytic converter, should be awarded a Darwin award and hopefully the species will be improved.
    You say that but they aren't pushing the cars into tyre fitting bays, paint shops, etc, etc. They'd be sacked on the spot for even suggesting it.

If you want improvement of the species - encourage it to put others before self.