Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Key fob batteries last one day on all keys, code B1050 & B1052 showing

Key fob batteries last one day on all keys, code B1050 & B1052 showing

Been having probs with my car key fobs. They've been eating batteries for a while now, until one battery would last about a day. Got it plugged in about 6 months ago and it was showing some codes (don't know what) that were cleared with the one key the garage had. That key then lasted 6 months on one battery, bliss! But weirdly the other keys didn't.
    Took it back with all three keys and codes B1050 and B1052 were showing that indicated something wrong with central locking system. Codes cleared and new battery lasted two weeks.It's costing me a fortune on batteries and to be honest its doing my head in a bit. Not always convenient to be changing key fob battery when you've got to rush out. Have had the car for years, so this is a new one on me. ANy suggestions? Anyone? Please.
    2001 Pulse FourTwo 113 000K

Do not know the answer to your fob drain problem, (someone will have answers), but if you take a note of the battery number, just go into Poundland or Poundworld and you can buy a complete set of these small button lithium batteries for 1.

Usually get a packet of 12 to 20 batteries, where at least 3 or 4 will be your number, so thats a lot cheaper,than from Smart.

Thanks Colin, that's helpful. Been buying them online and it seems its the same size as those in the kids craze Fidget Spinners so the price has come down a bit this time. Would be better to get the issue fixed though!
    Thanks for your advice.

could you just clarify:

Are the battery's removed actually discharged ?
    Have you checked this ?
    Does the key work immediately without anything else once you've replaced the battery again?

Or are you having to take to car back each time to get the car to recognise the key again ?
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!

There is a capacitor that goes short circuit in the key and causes this problem.

There are several threads on it somewhere on the forum.

Yes I think they are discharged. Don't know how to check, but they stop working, get replaced and key works again immediately. Usually indicators flash rapidly when lock car and then battery fails. It happens with all three keys, so it's something to do with the car not the keys. And car recognises keys no problem. Keys are stored at a distance from car, 50metres or so and where they have always been kept since having car. Thanks for any help.

Thanks Mjolinor, don't think it is that, because I have THREE keys and they are all doing it and the code that comes up refers to the central locking, so think it's related to that really, but thanks for your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryc View Post
    Yes I think they are discharged. Don't know how to check, but they stop working, get replaced and key works again immediately. Usually indicators flash rapidly when lock car and then battery fails. It happens with all three keys, so it's something to do with the car not the keys. And car recognises keys no problem. Keys are stored at a distance from car, 50metres or so and where they have always been kept since having car. Thanks for any help.
    The car can have absolutely no effect on the keys battery life (obviously).

I would confirm with a multimeter that they keys aren't consuming batteries when not being pressed for a start .. might be slightly fiddly to set up but with one or two croc clipped cables you should be able to check it out.
    This would show if there is a dodgy component pulling the batteries down (when key is not being used)

(and start checking batteries when you're changing them (to prove they are dead/fatigued or not ) you could be using **** batteries.
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!

Quote Originally Posted by Eryc View Post
    Thanks Mjolinor, don't think it is that, because I have THREE keys and they are all doing it and the code that comes up refers to the central locking, so think it's related to that really, but thanks for your thoughts.
    You have three faulty keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    You have three faulty keys.
    Not impossible, but sounds unlikely or very unlucky