Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HELP Pros and cons of 451 models advice needed PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by Eryc View Post
    Well lots of interesting thoughts above, I appreciate all the input. Thank you. Not in any hurry so will wait for the right lil car to come to me. Not sure whether there are any good trade in deals/scrappage schemes for classic 450's?? Seems an awful shame to scrap the lil one as he has a super rebuilt engine and runs like a dream. Just showing his age re sensors/relays etc. Any thoughts anyone? thanks
    I wouldn't scrap it especially with a re-built motor, why not just post it in the classifieds on here it may be just what someone is looking for.

Rust is the main killer up here. Therefore keep her unless too much holed. Electrics are repairable although expensive if you can’t do the work yourself.
    By the way, checked if mine, a 2002 diesel 450 is T-Charge exempt this morning. Was happy to learn mine is Euro IV compliant so no charge.
    Drives a Smart Cdi - 65 to 85 MPG

Yet my 2001 City-Coupe CDi is subject to the T-Charge because it is Euro III compliant despite the two sharing the same engine (not that I drive to London that much anyway). I thought the Euro IV limit for cars (2005 onwards) meant they were exempt so I am not sure how yours manages to be exempt Tolsen?

I would keep a 450, especially if it is a Almond eyes (1998 - 2002), they are becoming uncommon to see out in the wild. Rust underneath the wheel arches at the rear and when a stonechip grows on the Tridion is becoming more common these days but nothing that can't be remedied with a bit of effort.

Yes, exactly same engine and emissions control systems. The only difference is mine has nil road tax and also no T-Charge. Unfair in my humble opinion.

My CDI (2001 Y registered) doesn't pay vehicle excise duty either so I really don't get how yours isn't subject to the charge whilst mine is. Weird.

Going back to the topic at hand, there isn't a specific scrappage scheme for the 450 as far as I know and if you are happy with yours for the moment, why change what isn't broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Eryc View Post
    whether there are any good trade in deals/scrappage schemes for classic 450's?? Seems an awful shame to scrap the lil one as he has a super rebuilt engine
    I doubt these dealer/manufacturer scrappage schemes actually scrap them anyway, I guess they’ll just ship ‘em off the auctions to recoup the pretend discount they gave you in the first place ..
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    My CDI (2001 Y registered) doesn't pay vehicle excise duty either so I really don't get how yours isn't subject to the charge whilst mine is. Weird.
    Mine has nearly nil particular emission because I have blanked off the EGR. I guess that’s the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kernow60 View Post
    I wouldn't scrap it especially with a re-built motor, why not just post it in the classifieds on here it may be just what someone is looking for.
    Thanks. I will contemplate that. Good idea. Since it is running well, may keep it a bit longer. At least until the next piece of electrickery goes haywire.

Yes he's a lovely almond eyed little one. Bit rusty underneath I believe but goes like a little rocket and hasn't been chipped!

I would keep a 450, especially if it is a Almond eyes (1998 - 2002), they are becoming uncommon to see out in the wild. Rust underneath the wheel arches at the rear and when a stonechip grows on the Tridion is becoming more common these days but nothing that can't be remedied with a bit of effort.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by reinaldo_is_spam View Post
    I doubt these dealer/manufacturer scrappage schemes actually scrap them anyway, I guess they’ll just ship ‘em off the auctions to recoup the pretend discount they gave you in the first place ..
    Yes agree, but there are a few deals to be had out there.