Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Engine Management Check Light EMCL

OK AGM it is then.

Thumbs up

I had the SAM unit read and even the recent indicator bulb change is logged!!! Anyway the upstream (No1) Lambda sensor was faulty It usually is this one, so I was advised to sort this fault first and if OK clear all the other logged notices.
    Again under advisement a Bosch(OE) or NGK sensor was sourced, could have got one for around £40.00 off the web but would have to wait for delivery. So I paid £75.00 from a local factor and got a NGK same day. (£170.00 from MB Smart)
    Good job I decided to fit it myself as having not done it before I followed the FQ101 procedures and dismantled the rear of the car to get to the silencer, not a hard job but lengthy. The sensor was bloody tight so I removed the silencer and cut the top off the sensor so a socket and shifter bar could be used, even with heat it was still bloody tight but we managed it, I took the silencer to my mates repair garage BTW.
    So with it all back together the EMCL goes out after starting and the Green ECO light comes on when it should.
    Apparently rebooting the battery will reset a EMCL/Lambda fault but not for long. Just need to get the logged faults cleared.
    Also discoverd the easy way of refitting the side skirts, put the locator blocks on the skirt first not on the TRID as I did last time and struggled.
    So hopefully the little Smarty is back to normal service, we will see.
    Last edited by lancepar; 20-11-2017 at 11:36 AM. Reason: spelling