Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Mc Donald's friendly

Not Mc Donald's friendly

After nipping into my local drive through, I realized that there was nowhere to put my coke! gutted and in a Que after paying 5 pence for a recyclable brown paper bag (what's that all about) I thought it was to cut down on plastic ones!, I had to put my coke between my legs, Iv seen a double cup holder on e bay for 30 pounds and people selling ones for 10 pound 300 miles away on F.B. its looks like one screw job do these work or will they fall over if there is two drinks in them and you drive off?.

My wife has the official Smart 451 cupholders in her 450 which work very well for her, yet to hear of a spilt drink from using it. That being said, I understand the 451 seat handle does hold a drink as well (ref: https://www.evilution.co.uk/index.ph...terior&mod=974)

I took the one out of my 450 when I sold it and it fits (almost) fine in the 451.

Still doesn't hold drinks though because it is full of copper coins, USB chargers and cables and half eaten tubes of sweets.

I've never bought a coke from McDonald's ...... problem solved

Just picked mine up from the dealer yesterday
    Less than 30.00 and they chucked in a couple of smart car key rings too...!

Everyone is assuming the OP has a 451 but I see no reference to what smart they have.
    If they have a Roadster then the 450/451 cup holders are of no relevance whatsoever.

Perhaps the OP could tell us what smart they actually have - or perhaps place such posts in the relevant forum to the smart they own?
    ==============================
    2004 Roadster-Coupe SB2 Brabus
    2005 ForTwo Brabus Numeric
    2014 Skoda Yeti 4x4 DSG
    ex 2002 City Coupe 600cc Pulse
    ex 2003 City Coupe 700cc Passion
    ==============================

The OP has previously created a thread about wiring up spotlamps to a 451 prior to this thread: http://www.smartz.co.uk/showthread.p...-up-spot-lamps

Hi everyone, Iv just bought my first smart, I have a 2009 450 I have pulled the front covers off where the spot lights go to add LED driving lights, there are yellow plugs there already, but i cant find any power there with an electric screwdriver bulb tester.

I got the official double drinks holder for the 451 a few years back, as a birthday present from my Wife, she got it on Ebay though it was new.

It just is held on with one torx screw, and takes one minute to fit.
    It is one hole in front of the other. I use the back one for my drink, and my Wife uses the front one for her drink. Sorted!

It holds drink cups and bottles, and clamps in with the soft rubber compression sides on it.

Last edited by colin2x2; 09-11-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Thats the one I ordered after members feedback cheers guys .451 2009 mhd 1.0 71 bhp

Quote Originally Posted by colin2x2 View Post
    It is one hole in front of the other. I use the back one for my drink, and my Wife uses the front one for her drink. Sorted!
    Your wife's anatomy seems to be in order and used as it should be. Not sure you're in control of your own though.