Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: anyone tell me ? pls

Mine has been running on three cylinders for quite a while.
    Drives a Smart Cdi - 65 to 85 MPG

ha ha very funny , typo

not bad for a ( 3 ) a triple pot motor blah blah, it was still being used , she said very noisy and difficult too start she just turned up her mp3 player, its not the fact its f----d its that she still used it !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by martininkent View Post
    not bad for a ( 3 ) a triple pot motor blah blah, it was still being used , she said very noisy and difficult too start she just turned up her mp3 player, its not the fact its f----d its that she still used it !
    Engine synchronizes on number 1 cylinder so the one without piston must be number 3?
    Drives a Smart Cdi - 65 to 85 MPG

Quote Originally Posted by martininkent View Post
    We've seen something similar here recently - when a compressor wheel went through the engine IIRC. What was the cause here? Are the valves still in place? And is that markings on the other two pistons?

I seem to recall the gudgeon bosses being prone to failure on highly boosted engines (are Roadster pistons not more robust around the bosses?). A lack of pin clearance is known to shear bosses (on 2-strokes at least).

hi seemed too of dropped a inlet valve in number 3, yes inlet valve not exhaust, then the piston played a game of get out of my cylinder mr valve head, and then proceeded to smash the **** out of the piston crown,lol