Thread: New Smart!

New Smart!

I'm off to Bedfordshire tomorrow (travelling from Bristol) to collect an 08 Smart ForTwo Brabus. I'm trading in the red Passion Cdi.

Then I'm driving it home on Friday, and then onto St Ives for the w/e. Not yet decided if I'll take the Smart or my Jag XFR for the second bit yet..

Ooh nice, make sure we get some pictures of it.

Brabus 2.jpg

This one was sent to me - more to follow once collected..

Brabus.jpg

Front view

Looks very nice, a little cracker to say the least, not a bad price either. Personally I would give the Brabus a run down to St Ives, you'll love it. I've had my 08 451 Brabus Cabby in black for 3-years now and it still has only 25,000 genuine miles on it. Had it mapped along with a few other mods makes it really quick and torquey at around 120bhp. And as I've said before imo I think it's a much nicer car than the 450 Brabus which was my previous model, but that's my personal feelings between the two models.
    Good luck with your new purchase.......enjoy.

Brabus 3.jpg

A better photo.

Well, I took the XFR down to Cornwall - very wet and windy drive down!

The Brabus is fantastic and both my son and wife love it. Upgrading from an '09 Cdi it feels great with leather seats and those lovely Brabus details. The engine is great - great torque and pick up. The power steering is nicely weighted and makes it feel better on the motorway.

I thought the paddle gear shift may be a little gimmicky, but this is not the case. I think it is much smoother than Auto / stick changes. It feels very stable and can be hustled along nicely.

I loved the previous Smart, cars that make you smile. The Brabus is the same in this department. I think the Jag is going to be driven less for the time being - not least because the rear end is a little bit lively in the cooler wet weather! The Brabus has 1/5th of the power, but 100% of the fun!