Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOT failure questions

Quote Originally Posted by pewe View Post
    Not sure why there are so many - different engines? where's the engine code/
    They seem to have added some extras to their database making it look more complicated than it is

Working from the bottom of the list , the last two (the ones that start M160) appear to be the same (but one has a typo so has been made a separate entry as a result), that I believe is the original 599 and 698 engine
    the next three up the list (the M132 and 3b21 ) are the mitsubishi 999 engines (presumably turbo and non turbo variants) ... M132 being the merc reference numbers, (the 3b21 is the mitsubishi reference to the same engine)
    You'll probably find the same reference somewhere in the V50 document data?.
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!

Thanks for that.

The car has an 84hp 1.0 turbo with an engine number starting 3B21 - so now I know which to get.

Thanks again.

Now I just have to figure a way to remove a stripped star screw holding one of the panels on

Oops,
    I got the wrong model fortwo, disregard the reference to the MHD in my posts.

Now I just have to figure a way to remove a stripped star screw holding one of the panels on
    On a 451 ?

Door mirror area?

.....It’s not stripped !

Quote Originally Posted by reinaldo_is_spam View Post
    On a 451 ?

Door mirror area?

.....It’s not stripped !
    It is a T25 screw in the side panel under the boot lid - someone has rounded it off so the torx bit just rotates.

Oh

Is it recessed too ?

I guess a suitably sized flat blade ... or an Allen jammed in will get it out

Quote Originally Posted by reinaldo_is_spam View Post
    Oh

Is it recessed too ?

I guess a suitably sized flat blade ... or an Allen jammed in will get it out
    It's not recessed and I haven't had a go at it - but I was thinking a flat blade, but may have to 'grind' a slot in it if there's room to get the grinder in there.
    I'll see how it goes.

Dinky cold cut chisel and hammer, and tap (ACW) at the head's periphery until it loosens.

I ground a slot and used a straight bit in a hammer action screwdriver and managed to get it out.

Now I have to get a replacement bolt and the nearest dealer is 25 miles away

I ground a slot and used a straight bit in a hammer action screwdriver and managed to get it out.

Now I have to get a replacement bolt and the nearest dealer is 25 miles away
    Post ?

Find the smart part number and then check ebay (or check if your dealer or smart Indy will post out for a small post fee) , failing that if it is indeed just a bolt just use a generic ‘bolt’