Thread: SMART 450 steering angle calibration procedure

SMART 450 steering angle calibration procedure

hello can anyone do a step by step the test procedure with MB STAR please, its very confusing, it says to turn off car ecus run down then switch on turn ignition left then right, then straight ahead but all this is before you even start the f3 calibration or does it mean while calibrating?, is there a menus I can read live data, I can read the steering position 0 + or _
    thanks
    Last edited by martininkent; 29-01-2018 at 10:39 PM.

Why the need to calibrate? You have removed steering wheel and not put it back right?
    Drives a Smart Cdi - 65 to 85 MPG

Quote Originally Posted by tolsen View Post
    Why the need to calibrate? You have removed steering wheel and not put it back right?
    i had a issue with the paddles,removed it , and i never moved the cassette,refitted steering wheel and the triangle and abs light came on,but it would not re- calibrate i have done it many times, the last time was about a year ago, i have checked the ribbon loom 4 core and iv got continuity , also reset and realigned the magnet and exciter ring etc, i have done about 7 of these over the 4-5 years, but i cant remember the full procedure star is a bit confusing, i think i did left and right when it was programming, just cant remember
    Last edited by martininkent; 30-01-2018 at 09:24 AM.

forund this on the evilution site

(is this step by step correct )

(To align the steering wheel with the MB Star or Win Star hardware, the wheel is positioned
    straight and the alignment program is run. Upon starting the program the wheel is turned
    left, then right then back to centre. If the resting position is 0 degrees, the left and right
    movement is usually anywhere between 90 and 120 degrees from centre.

thanks

done , thanks lol