Thread: What a numpty

What a numpty

I got my road tax reminder the other day so brought it to work today so I could tax it. Logged in and it would let me ..... MOT had run out Checked online as I was sure it must be wrong ..... It only ran out last June
    Looks like I'll be in another car till I can get it MOTd God knows how I missed that as I had reminders set in my phone.

I just found out my driving licence expired in 2016....
    Anyone who has a licence other than the one issued when they first passed their test might like to check their's. Ten year licences seem to be the order of the day for replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by pinger View Post
    I just found out my driving licence expired in 2016....
    Anyone who has a licence other than the one issued when they first passed their test might like to check their's. Ten year licences seem to be the order of the day for replacements.
    Mine's still on parchment so only runs out in 2032

I ran about once , a couple of decades ago, completely inadvertently ,with no insurance for several months !!!

I'm not sure what triggered me finding out , but I played hell with Swinton (who I've never used since) and got insured pretty damn quick !! , they should have just auto renewed me , but for some reason hadn't done..

I think there should be some official reminder , like for the road tax , it's equally as important of course.
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!

Quote Originally Posted by EmilysDad View Post
    Mine's still on parchment so only runs out in 2032
    Hmm, illegal after this year ish. Not sure exactly when but the Europhiles insist we have plastic ones with pictures on them.

I did the same as you with tax but MOT was only a few days out. It's an age thing.

I'm on a 3 year license and they send me reminders and forms when it is expiring.

According to DVLA, paper driving licences issued before the modern photocard licences appeared in 1998 are still valid. I therefore have no intention to change to something that will expire early. Better waiting until I make it to 70 and there won't be any fee to pay.
    Drives a Smart Cdi - 65 to 85 MPG

All above board & legal now .... even taxed it too