Thread: 451 flashing fuel bars ?

Hybrid View

451 flashing fuel bars ?

hi i have a 2010 cdi and the immobilizer key does not appear in the dash, just the constant flashing of the fuel bars along the bottom of the dash, and no start, also no ecu communication too the car via MB star,this has had a additional immobiliser fitted at some time , i bought the ar from a repo company with the knowledge of this and some one has tried to removed it partially, so this is where iam at, any input appreciated

Mine has no key on the dash ever. I assume they are all like that. I have seen no evidence of them having an immobiliser.

There are pictures of a fully illuminated LCD on Evilution and FQ101 and IIRC there is no key symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Mine has no key on the dash ever. I assume they are all like that. I have seen no evidence of them having an immobiliser.
    The 451 does have an immob

Page 18 https://www.thatcham.org/files/pdf/V...il_2018_OE.pdf
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!

Unless I am reading the file incorrectly it is only an option from 07 to 14, standard before and after that.

I reckon very few people will have taken the option up, I certainly wouldn't, more trouble than they are worth.

Am I reading it wrong, certainly my alarm has never gone off or beeped or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Unless I am reading the file incorrectly it is only an option from 07 to 14, standard before and after that.

I reckon very few people will have taken the option up, I certainly wouldn't, more trouble than they are worth.

Am I reading it wrong, certainly my alarm has never gone off or beeped or anything.

Sorry , Page 29

Smart Fortwo (07 onwards) AKA the 451 listed as having a Cat 2 ( which is just the immob)
    Smart Fortwo (14 onwards) AKA the 453 listed as having a Cat 2 (which is just the immob)

Cat 1 is an alarm as well , and on most smarts that was an option , although they did put the alarm on as standard on some of the early 453's (particular models)

The earlier models (prior to 07) are listed there too, although they only seem to start at 03, maybe that's when the official 450 RHD came in this country?

Thatcham used to be a lot easier to search for a particular model when they had a search facility on their site, now we have to put up with a compiled PDF.
    Last edited by reinaldo_is_spam; 19-06-2018 at 11:37 PM.
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!

Right, found it now. Inability to read, as usual.

Immobiliser as standard, alarm optional.

There is no sign of it anywhere though, not that I have seen, nothing on dash or lights or owt.

hi , thanks,come to think of it none of the 451 i have ever seen a key, doh silly me,,well thats good that means i got all the original one out, just need to check all original connections are re made, then