Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 451 flashing fuel bars ?

yep i will do , iam looking into a programmer now, or other options, thanks i have 2 new virgin keys, not cleaned keys, so ready to go,

getting there ,sort of

well the flashing fuel bar was a mystery never seen that before , so after a bit more diagnostics , i found fuse 19 blown, so replaced , now the fuel gauge bars are not flashing and there is now a key in the center of the display, (not flashing )
    i go into mb star and manually select car, but star cant read the sam, the engine, or the instrument ecus, but reads the rest of them,, is this because i have no dialed in key for it ?

well the flashing fuel bar was a mystery never seen that before , so after a bit more diagnostics , i found fuse 19 blown, so replaced , now the fuel gauge bars are not flashing and there is now a key in the center of the display, (not flashing )
    i go into mb star and manually select car, but star cant read the sam, the engine, or the instrument ecus, but reads the rest of them,, is this because i have no dialed in key for it ?

Have you tried getting MB STAR to read the vin from the ECU? It might be because you are selecting the wrong model.

John

Go in through Xentry not through MB Star.
    Drives a Smart Cdi - 65 to 85 MPG

i always go through xentry, and manually input vin,a good habit to get into for euc changing
    cant read 3 ecus will not connect, i took a key out of the fob on another smart 451 and put key in and turned ignition on, dash lights up as normal but because there's no transponder on the key just a blank key the key symbol stays on in the dash,
    so more diagnostics on the loom and earths and resistances

found the data link (green and white twisted wires ) pulled out off the rear dash loom plug, reconnected the wires ,now the can now all working and star reading all ecus , great all done programed , added 1 new key and a 1 spare key, programmed to car , dialed into the sam unit
    all working and central locking and a spare, just the cost of 2 new virgin keys, thanks