Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hyperactive ABS

Quote Originally Posted by tolsen View Post
    I always thought theroadsternet is for poofters and dilettantes.

You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!

Quote Originally Posted by tolsen View Post
    I always thought theroadsternet is for poofters and dilettantes.
    I suspected that you were the sort of bloke that would know such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    I suspected that you were the sort of bloke that would know such things.
    I know enough to keep well away from those persons of ill repute.
    Drives a Smart Cdi - 65 to 85 MPG

Sorry to disappear. Is anyone else having problems getting this site to work? I had to reinstall Internet Explorer!

Well....I haven't replaced the reluctor rings just because I've been busy and I suppose also because as soon as this problem started they were the first thing I checked. I looked at them all closely for cracks and cleared out all the rust etc. They are apparently in surprisingly good condition. Plus I would have expected a different fault code and ABS light if it were the rings? Something like an implausible/erratic signal from a specific sensor. I've had reluctor rings go a long time ago and I'm sure that's what happened then. Why would it be giving me an implausible signal from the stop lamp switch if it were the rings?

Quote Originally Posted by benw View Post
    Sorry to disappear. Is anyone else having problems getting this site to work? I had to reinstall Internet Explorer!

Well....I haven't replaced the reluctor rings just because I've been busy and I suppose also because as soon as this problem started they were the first thing I checked. I looked at them all closely for cracks and cleared out all the rust etc. They are apparently in surprisingly good condition. Plus I would have expected a different fault code and ABS light if it were the rings? Something like an implausible/erratic signal from a specific sensor. I've had reluctor rings go a long time ago and I'm sure that's what happened then. Why would it be giving me an implausible signal from the stop lamp switch if it were the rings?
    If the rings go then you don't get any fault codes generally. The sensor just detects what it thinks to be lock up (it's not it's an erroneous detection from the teeth not reading consistently) and then just pulses the ABS.

And I'm still not sure why you went to all the effort to reinstall IE to get back on this site when as I said before you'll get a much better response over at www.theroadster.net
    ==============================
    2004 Roadster-Coupe SB2 Brabus
    2005 ForTwo Brabus Numeric
    2014 Skoda Yeti 4x4 DSG
    ex 2002 City Coupe 600cc Pulse
    ex 2003 City Coupe 700cc Passion
    ==============================

Quote Originally Posted by benw View Post

A wheel (apparently) locking up momentarily is not an inplausible signal from a single wheel, itís what happens when wheels lock up during braking ( and that suddenly stops the continuous pulsing from the wheel sensor whilst itís stopped .... or a slightly slower pulse than the other wheels if it stops momentarily- which is just what wheels do when they lock up for a split second) .. and is just what the system is constantly watching out for.

A brake pedal switch (apparently) operating for instance when youíre driving (i.e. double pedalling the brake and accelerator) is definitely a implausible signal...
    or if the brake off switch not being opened when youíre driving (similar to above) is also implausible (you riding the brake pedal just a little)

I say (apparently) because it would be the same result if your foot was actually doing that during driving , or if the switch was faulty or badly adjusted... or if the wheel sensor was picking up a rough signal from a rusted ABS ring.
    Last edited by reinaldo_is_spam; 15-08-2018 at 08:55 AM. Reason: slight adjustment
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!