Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 57 REG Fortwo MCC Passion

57 REG Fortwo MCC Passion

Hi all,
    Considering buying a 57 Reg Smart(MCC) For Two Passion.
    Could someone tell me what the MCC stands for and are there any problems with this model that I need to check?
    Thanks

MCC = Micro Compact Car AG, the name of the company that came from the collaboration of SMH (the company that make the Swatch watches) and Mercedes. The full history of this is on Wikipedia.

A 57 plate ForTwo could be the last year of the 450 model, or the first year of the 451 model. You need to determine which model you are looking at, as the common issues are quite different. The older 450 model has a 698cc engine (assuming petrol) and "peanut" shaped headlights, the 451 has a 999cc engine (again, assuming petrol) and headlights shaped like a cashew nut.

If it's a coupe (not convertible) 450, it will have three lights per side at the rear. 451s have two (as does 450 convertible). Details around the fuel filler cap and air inlet are substantially different as is the rear glass. Wheels on 451 are the same front and rear, not so on a 450. If it's a diesel. 450 will be LHD, 451 RHD.

Quote Originally Posted by pinger View Post
    If it's a coupe (not convertible) 450, it will have three lights per side at the rear. 451s have two (as does 450 convertible). Details around the fuel filler cap and air inlet are substantially different as is the rear glass. Wheels on 451 are the same front and rear, not so on a 450. If it's a diesel. 450 will be LHD, 451 RHD.
    Another quick way to ID is to look at the rear arch area:

A 450 looks like this:

And a 451 has a distinctly different shape to the rear plastic part of the wing , Iím talking about the straight ~45degree sweep that you can see in this:

You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!

Quote Originally Posted by pinger View Post
    ... Wheels on 451 are the same front and rear, not so on a 450. ...
    I'd to have a look at mine .... I could have sworn they were different, but they're not. Must've confused myself with my Roadster's Trackline wheels that are the same design.

Quote Originally Posted by EmilysDad View Post
    I'd to have a look at mine .... I could have sworn they were different, but they're not. Must've confused myself with my Roadster's Trackline wheels that are the same design.
    My 451 wheels are different front and back on both of my 451s

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    My 451 wheels are different front and back on both of my 451s
    My tyres are different 155 vs 175 The Roadster having the same size tyres on different width rims

The OP seems to have owned a 57 plate 451 Passion in 2013, a bit odd asking about buying the same car 5 years later.
    Last edited by mikerj; 18-10-2018 at 08:30 PM.

Why has this forum gone tits up since I clicked Mikerj's link then tried to reply to him with quote?

Quote Originally Posted by mikerj View Post
    The OP seems to have owned a 57 plate 451 Passion in 2013, a bit odd asking about buying the same car 5 years later.
    Works for me
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!