Thread: Back again...

Back again...

Well after my previous foray into smart cars almost 6-7 years ago, I've got another one in my fleet of cars. I bought an 02 plate 450 with 30k miles on it in order to get my new job rather than putting the miles on the mustang.

And of course before I even start driving it to work I'm back on the 'ol forum to see what the deal is with getting them remapped etc, although the last time I did it, I screw it up by not putting it into neutral etc and I remember paying someone to fix the silly issue I caused

Any recommendations for a gearbox and engine remap for the little 450s?

Thank you

/gav

Quote Originally Posted by JustGav View Post
    Well after my previous foray into smart cars almost 6-7 years ago, I've got another one in my fleet of cars. I bought an 02 plate 450 with 30k miles on it in order to get my new job rather than putting the miles on the mustang.

And of course before I even start driving it to work I'm back on the 'ol forum to see what the deal is with getting them remapped etc, although the last time I did it, I screw it up by not putting it into neutral etc and I remember paying someone to fix the silly issue I caused

Any recommendations for a gearbox and engine remap for the little 450s?

Thank you

/gav
    Busy innit
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!

Hi & welcome back. It's a lot quieter these days on the forums but still a few diehards left.
    Depends on your location for remaps,
    http://www.s2smarts.co.uk/home.htm or http://fudgesmart.co.uk/ ​are two places that come to mind.

It's definitely a lot quieter these days, guess people have moved onto other cars etc...

Had mine for a few days now, and even though it is my daily runner it does make my chuckle just driving it, although I do find myself wonder what I can do with it, remap, rebuild etc

Definitely has a bit of character... I remember years ago when I attempted a remap I managed to lock it out, something about it needing to be in N or something of the like, so I'll do some research as I don't fancy bricking this car. I even found my old KWP2000 programmer from way back.

Just looking for various parts for it, and shopping around.