Thread: 3 Lines of death and orange engine warning symbol, with error code, P2033 - what does

3 Lines of death and orange engine warning symbol, with error code, P2033 - what does

Greetings All, I had a look for the code on the site and no hits. so here's the question - WHY? The engine would start but as you'd expect, unable to select a gear.
    Sad Smart towed home and the next day, the engine would still start but same problems - 3 bars and eng. light.
    Clone STAR attached and MEG showed 'F'. So, digging further, error code, P2033 and the words, "over current cut-out in transmission at a duty cycle >0".
    The error code, converts to the O2 sensor on the exhaust - OK. But what does that have to do with "over current cut-out in transmission at a duty cycle >0"?????.
    Hopefully, someone can point me in the right direction.
    Cheers, Ian.

Why do you think P2033 is the Lambda?

As far as I know it is the gearbox wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    As far as I know it is the gearbox wiring.

http://www.fq101.co.uk/how-to-guides...he-3-bars.html

Why do you think P2033 is the Lambda?
    Crappy diag reader ?
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!

Greetings All, Thank you. You may well be correct - crappy reader? From memory now, as the faults were erased to get the car running again but the code p2033 was there and that confused me as Google reports that fault as a lambda sensor,??? And, to heap confusion upon confusion (nothing to do with that Chinese chap) the problem has occurred twice now over 3 months - the 3 lines of death. The first - 3 months ago, the readout was something like, 'improbable gear change'? Also, on both occasions, the ambient temp., has been circa 30 deg C - so not in Blighty. On that occasion I checked the wiring and as no defect reproduction of the fault, I replaced the gearbox oil - yes, ATF. And suggested that the driver use the paddles for a few weeks (they prefer to use the gear lever option. The car has both A and M. So, with the latest failure, the words, being different this time, "over current cut-out in transmission at a duty cycle >0", has me even more confused. As, nowhere in the Smart sites, can I find reference to 'p2033' as a code, only on google - as we all know is not perfect. So, I have a look at it again. Will let you know how things progress. Although as we're heading into winter, that may take time???????? Cheers, Ian.