Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why ?

Why ?

Why is my smartz visual experience like this ?

Anyone else has it like this ?
    It's ok on some computers, but I get this text only version on certain computers ?
    What am I missing , it's not flash .... is there a setting I can click to get the other version?
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!

Quote Originally Posted by reinaldo_is_spam View Post
    Why is my smartz visual experience like this ?

Anyone else has it like this ?
    It's ok on some computers, but I get this text only version on certain computers ?
    What am I missing , it's not flash .... is there a setting I can click to get the other version?
    'cos the forum is knackered and no one looks after it anymore. It's what happens when you ban the interesting stuff.

I get that occasionally on various other forums I use.

Refresh the page and all is well, usually.

I put it down to a temporary internet connection, or the internet dying briefly whilst loading.

But I'm a woodwork teacher, so haven't really a clue.

Remember me complaining of my screen view going to cock after clicking one of your links? That's what I ended up with.
    A Malaware Bytes scan cured it. There is no 'setting' change to fix it. It must be a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by pinger View Post
    Remember me complaining of my screen view going to cock after clicking one of your links? That's what I ended up with.
    A Malaware Bytes scan cured it. There is no 'setting' change to fix it. It must be a bug.
    It happens (consistently) on my iPhone, my brand new windows 10 machine, but not my MacBook or my iPad
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!

Choose the appropriate ones here >> https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/ and run the scan. Free, as a trial, with no roll-over subscription (a BT IT engineer recommended it to me) it's perfectly safe. Once I'd run it on my lap top (68 threats!) and quarantined said threats, Smartz was back to normal.
    It is a major PITA as you are experiencing it. It went pear shaped for me after clicking a link from you to another Smartz page - strange indeed.

It remains pear shaped for me no matter what browser I use and it can't be any of the virus ridden crap you get with Windo$e as I don't use it, I use Linux. It has to be a problem with the forum software.

Have you tried clearing cookie on your browser? Sometimes that fixes some of the bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
    Have you tried clearing cookie on your browser? Sometimes that fixes some of the bugs.
    That was done on mine also - so could have been that that did the trick rather than virus scan. Had to log back in (usual cookie clearing consequence) which I hadn't tried as a cure before. So three potential solutions - one of which worked!

edit PS. Just noticed, currently showing as (in red font) 'Not secure' in address bar. Doesn't usually.

Forum appears normal on my old XP laptop. Pear shaped on anything else.
    Drives a Smart Cdi - 65 to 85 MPG