Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team Dynamics Smartie Alloys

Team Dynamics Smartie Alloys

Quick question, has anyone put the Team Dynamics Smartie Alloy 16" x 7.5" on the front of their fortwo 450?

I'll be replacing my alloys in the not too distant future and I wondered if they will even fit on the front (with or without spacers / different tyre size), obviously I'll put the 16" x 7.5" on the rear with probably a 225 x 45 x R16 tyre.

Extremely unlikely without significant body modifications. I fitted Roadster Spinlines to my ForTwo and the tyres touched the arches when cornering until I spaced the front panel out slightly. The Spinlines are only 15"x5", with a 24mm offset and 185/55R15 tyres. The Team Dynamics wheels are 2.5 inches wider with a 32mm offset i.e. they stick out over an inch more, and a 225/45R16 is an inch taller overall.
    Last edited by mikerj; 13-04-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Roadster steels (about same size as Mikerj's I'd guess - check Evilution) on mine with 195/50 and as per Mikerj, front panel has to be left unclipped and will scuff inner arch on full lock.
    Tried standard 450 (Jetline) rear wheels on front and arch edge had to be trimmed and, it fuct up the steering.

I have 7.5J x 16 wheels fitted all round, with 195/45/16 tyres & have no problem with tyre rubbing.
    I don't know what the wheel off set is but I've got spacers fitted at the rear which are about 30 to 40mm thick.
    These have been on the car for about 10 years now & have been fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Loving the Ferrari centre badge!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
    I have 7.5J x 16 wheels fitted all round, with 195/45/16 tyres & have no problem with tyre rubbing.
    You are taking advantage of the one possible advantage of stretched tyres, they are helping to prevent rubbing on the arches in this case.

This wheel/tyre combination was sold by SmartsRus, back in the day. I bought them off ebay 10 years ago & now they have Batman logo's in the centre...lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ha ha ha, brilliant!

All this still doesn't answer your question though!

Neither does this.

I have just removed the alloys from my 451 and put cheapy steels on. The difference is astounding. The car is orders of magnitude better than it was both in ride and handling.