Thread: Highline Audio. Getting tracks inorder on SD card

Highline Audio. Getting tracks inorder on SD card

I'm using Audacity to transfer some audio cassettes to an SD card for use in the Highline Audio system in my 451 Cabrio (84). After splitting the audio into its separate tracks I can't see how to get the system to play them in the right order. I enter each file's track number and title in Audacity but whatever I do the Highline unit plays them in alphabetical order.
    It's not crucial except some of the tapes are supposed to be heard in the original order (e.g. War of The Worlds - Jeff Wayne)
    Any ideas what I'm doing (or not doing) wrong?

A quick way around it is to preface each track title with the letter of the alphabet that corresponds to its place in the track listing. Ie, put A at the beginning of the first track's title, B in front of the second track's .... etc.

There is a way to do it with numbers but I can't remember how off the top of my head. Some thought goes into the order tracks appear on an album. Well worth preserving.

Quote Originally Posted by pinger View Post
    A quick way around it is to preface each track title with the letter of the alphabet that corresponds to its place in the track listing. Ie, put A at the beginning of the first track's title, B in front of the second track's .... etc.

There is a way to do it with numbers but I can't remember how off the top of my head. Some thought goes into the order tracks appear on an album. Well worth preserving.

Two options come to mind which you might wanna try

Either edit all the tracks and preface them with numbers:

First track
    second track
    third track
    fourth track
    fifth track

These would normally play in the order:

Fifth track, first track, fourth track, second track, third track

becomes after editing:

001 first track
    002 second track
    003 third track
    004 fourth track
    005 fifth track

Download https://www.mp3tag.de/en/ and try editing the track number there in the metadata i.e. 1/13 2/13 3/13 4/13 5/13 etc etc
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!

Quote Originally Posted by pinger View Post
    Do you mean in the actual filename, or in the Track Title in the file properties?

Quote Originally Posted by anotherbob View Post
    Do you mean in the actual filename, or in the Track Title in the file properties?
    Track title. eg. A. Dog save the queen.
    B. All you need is love.