Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keyless - what to do?

TK - absolutely you have access to the required code(s) for recoding keys - yes?
    (Spoke to MB today. Cut key available from VIN, V5, ID. Told though that codes have to be requested from Germany with a security clearance code - hence my squeamishness on this).

Quote Originally Posted by pinger View Post
    TK - absolutely you have access to the required code(s) for recoding keys - yes?
    (Spoke to MB today. Cut key available from VIN, V5, ID. Told though that codes have to be requested from Germany with a security clearance code - hence my squeamishness on this).
    Most likely they’re just trying to justify their extortionate fee if they did it , typical smoke and mirrors dealer
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!

Quote Originally Posted by pinger View Post
    I've coded key fobs for Smart cars in the past including mine but some time ago so I will have to reteach myself on how it is done.

Wurth WoW screern shot. Explains how it is done.

Ask if they can supply a single blade only. Complete fobs are expensive but cheap on Ebay. I have lots of blank blades and a tool to copy blades.

Dealer need TAN code from Germany to code fobs. My system is TAN free.

PS:
    Your next PM?
    Drives a Smart Cdi - 65 to 85 MPG

Blade is available (singly AFAIK) @ £28. Fob is separate and £52, but as you say, available elsewhere for less.
    If you are 100% confident that your kit can do this then I can organise buying the car. Is that a yes to that?

(Yep, looks like it's going be fluffer Johnson as PM. The UK is going to the dogs).

Pretty sure I can code those keys. Have just confirmed Xentry still runs.

Got a cheap key fob somewhere.