Thread: Washer Jet Blockage

Washer Jet Blockage

Hi guys,

Could someone let me know how to remove the washer jet block from the front of the car just below the windscreen, mine has a blockage that I don't seem able to clear. I've replaced the pump motor used compressed air (albeit from a can) to blow through the hose and from each of the washer jet nozzles and also used a needle / denta sticks to try and clear them but I think the blockage is further in the block.

I tried to pull the block straight up (gently) but it doesn't seem to want to come out that way - I have my MOT looming and I'm worried that it will fail on the washer jets

Does yours just spurt some water then stop? Mine does that and accessing the block is far from obvious. With the front panel off, the block is sandwiched between the outer (body) panel and a support for the wiper mechanism. Looked to me like dismantling the wipers was going to be required.
    Not obvious though that it is a blockage at fault. Not least (in my case) as the rear wash hasn't worked for years and I've not investigated why - though it isn't the detached pipe that floods the bootspace from above.

Weather permitting, I'm hoping to have another look at mine (front panel removed) this week, so if I find the removal method I'll post it here - don't hold your breath though, the weather here is abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by pinger View Post
    Does yours just spurt some water then stop? Mine does that and accessing the block is far from obvious. With the front panel off, the block is sandwiched between the outer (body) panel and a support for the wiper mechanism. Looked to me like dismantling the wipers was going to be required.
    Not obvious though that it is a blockage at fault. Not least (in my case) as the rear wash hasn't worked for years and I've not investigated why - though it isn't the detached pipe that floods the bootspace from above.

Weather permitting, I'm hoping to have another look at mine (front panel removed) this week, so if I find the removal method I'll post it here - don't hold your breath though, the weather here is abysmal.
    It's a push on/snap in fit at manufacture, secured with spring out tangs/barbs moulded into the block, unless you are deft enough to be able to push those barbs in either side whilst lifting the block from the car.
    The brute force method is to grab is with water pump pliers and pull and twist, destroying it in the process.
    Last edited by reinaldo_is_spam; 02-09-2019 at 05:48 PM.
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!

Thanks guys,

I came across quite an old thread last night with a reply from Ian at Big that mentions to turn the block clockwise and anti-clockwise repeatedly while gently pulling up. I had to use pipe grips on it but I managed to get the block out eventually, soaked it in descaler overnight and its now working again. I've ordered a replacement one as taking it out has mullered the clips on it somewhat but it does seat back into place (albeit more loosely then it used to) but it will get me through the MOT until the new one eventually turns up.

Where did you order the replacement from?

Quote Originally Posted by pinger View Post
    Where did you order the replacement from?
    Smarttune do one old chap

https://www.smarttune.co.uk/product....fortwo-99-2007
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!