Thread: Fortwo & Forfour 453 Facelift for EQ

Fortwo & Forfour 453 Facelift for EQ

What do you think? Range about 90 miles or so. Thoughts?

https://media.daimler.com/marsMediaS...kPTQwNjI3&rs=0

Sensible mode deactivated, back in a Roadster

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.

Photos here
    Sensible mode deactivated, back in a Roadster

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.

Well, we're going to have to get used to electric whether we like or not as the ICE age ends very soon. We will like them though - no one is specifying that their fridge be petrol or diesel powered - electric motors are civilised.
    Euro 7 regs expected between 2023 and 2025 and the manufacturers have no intention of trying to meet them with ICE so electric it is. Except for those that don't have the necessary charging facilities, have journeys longer than available range, the wherewithal to buy into the new tech.
    I hate being down on this as our climate does need saving but there are so many unresolved issues for everyone to adopt this over a short timeframe, but just for starters a 90 mile range isn't enough for my needs. Other cars offer more of a range - but are expensive and (with the possible exception of the i3 though shorn of its range extender option range with it would be touch and go) not particularly appealing as cars.
    If none of my demerits apply and 90 miles is acceptable as range (for most people it will be) and it appeals - go for it. Not least because if you are looking at a new ICE car, then the problems they come with now remind me why the fridge runs on electricity.
    Have you test driven one yet?

Quote Originally Posted by pinger View Post
    Well, we're going to have to get used to electric whether we like or not as the ICE age ends very soon.
    What do you consider "very soon"? Internal combustion engines are going to be around for a good while yet.

Euro 7 could be here by 2023-2025 so 4-6 years from now could be the last of the ICEs produced. Industry insiders reckon 2030 as the absolute latest date that an ICE car will be sold.
    For sure, all the existing ones will still be around but we have no idea what the fuel costs, VED, or spares support will be like, or how many cities will still permit them to be driven there. Or the cost of (possibly sought after) late models on the secondhand market.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperStevie View Post
    What do you think? Range about 90 miles or so. Thoughts?

https://media.daimler.com/marsMediaS...kPTQwNjI3&rs=0

Range is ridiculous - also bear in mind that 90 miles is a pie in the sky range, with real world use (using ancillaries and H E A T in the winter for instance) youíll not get anywhere near it.... itíll collapse to nearer 60 (potentially worse)

If your life can accommodate that, then, as said, go for it.

But itís not gonna fit into a lot of peopleís lives .... mine included , Iíd want an Ďon paperí range of double that... so that real world equated to something like 140 mebbe and even then itíd be touch and go.... and a lot of hassle at at least one end of that longer journey.

Iíll stick with my free road tax euro 6 petrol 453 for the foreseeable.
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!