Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lock down

Quote Originally Posted by tolsen View Post
    A babbling fool is offering to help Boris
    Can't fault you on the babbling bit, although I'd use buffoon or nincompoop
    You're so money supermarket and you don't even know it!

More babbling:

Drives a Smart Cdi - 65 to 85 MPG

I see an alarmingly high Corona death rate.

Korea less than 2%.
    China about 3%.
    UK 11%.
    Italy 13%.

UK medical system not as good as those in Far East?

More death rates:

Germany 1.85%
    Norway 1.5%

Quote Originally Posted by reinaldo_is_spam View Post
    although I'd use buffoon or nincompoop
    Greetings All, the terms, "although I'd use buffoon or nincompoop", is being a bit harsh on genuine buffoons or nincompoops, when you're comparing them to Yanks. I mean how many Yanks do you know that thinking that drinking urine or smashing their foreheads against an empty beer can is fun. Then again, we are talking about a race that thinks the beer from Mexico caused this virus.
    Tolsen, you're being quite harsh on your NHS. It's not the NHS's fault they do not have enough places or ventilators for the country. It's the people's fault that they do not understand how this little blighter gets about and that as soon as you've got this blighter up your nose, you ARE contagious and can pass it on - no symptoms displayed yet but you're passing it on. On the plus side, you can say safe, stay home, stay away from close contact with anybody, treat yourself and everybody else as though they have this blighter and you should survive this - it is a plague after all and the world has seen enough of those and we, as the human race are still on this planet, whether the planet likes it or not. It's also the people's fault that think they can "carry on" - as usual. This is WAR, until people understand that and stop inviting the enemy into their bodies the war WILL continue. And, as in WW1 & 2, (in fact, all wars) a lot of people died because there was no body there to stop the bleeding. It's in the hands of the people to stop this war. STOP the spread, stay at home, take precautions and stay safe. Your Smart will love you for it.
    Just be thankful, you're heading into spring/summer - other parts of the world are going into autumn/winter............
    Now that I've emptied my spleen.
    Happy Smarting All.
    Cheers, Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by tolsen View Post
    More death rates:

Germany 1.85%
    Norway 1.5%
    Here's 'food for thought', Tolsen. You've not mentioned New Zealand? A little country in the South West Pacific. Yes a little group of Islands similar in size to Blighty. Population just under 5,000,000. Or, a 12th the population of Blighty give or take a little. We've had one death so far, hard to work that out as a %? Is it that the NZ Government has done something right? Maybe, it's Kiwi noses this blighter does not like getting up? The answer lie's with the people - STAY ISOLATED, stay alive.
    Cheers, Ian.

All the death rates:
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

The problem is that none of them are believable. In order for statistics to work they have to be based on reliable data. From the UK statistics the UK death rate is well over 90%. You can only really measure death against recovery for a meaningful figure and the recovery rate in the UK has been fixed at 135 for almost two weeks, the data are not being updated. On top of that the data are measured differently in different countries. Germany for example, tested a load of young, healthy athletes and included that very low rate in their data so their infection numbers are skewed down, the UK on the other hand is only testing people in hospital so their data are skewed up.

Greetings All, Jolly good site, Mjolinor. I did have to wonder about the British Virgin Islands, Total cases 3, Active cases 3, Total cases per 1 M. pop. - 99. Strangely the pop. of the BVI, according to Mrs. Google is about 32,000 and that was back in 2017. Yes, you can use figures and manipulate them to your own end. NZ on the other hand has had just over 1200 confirmed cases, 12 are in Hosp. 3 in Critical care (same as your Leader, the political one - the same chap who thought 'heard cure' was the best - bet he's not thinking that now and glad for the NHS?) and one death - so far. Those figures, I trust. Just be thankful that you guys have the NHS - unlike a lot of other 'developed' countries. Be grateful for what you've got and REALLY grateful for all the medical staff you have, they are the ones putting their lives, family and friends in danger by looking after the masses. The Chinese tried to tell the world, eventually, how bad this bug was. Those that listened deserve to be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by mad smart person View Post
    Greetings All, the terms, "although I'd use buffoon or nincompoop", is being a bit harsh on genuine buffoons or nincompoops, when you're comparing them to Yanks. I mean how many Yanks do you know that thinking that drinking urine or smashing their foreheads against an empty beer can is fun. Then again, we are talking about a race that thinks the beer from Mexico caused this virus.
    A stereotype more ignorant than that it seeks to disparage.

Just watched the s7itweasel's last daily Corona briefing.

A scientist had explained that in his lab they had found that sunlight, isopropenol alcohol and bleach were particularly effective in killing the virus.

Trump then says experts should find a way of injecting sunlight and disinfectants into patients.

He also said he is not a doctor but has a good you know what and points to his brain.

Amazing ignorance!