Thread: Replacing Cycle Valve Boost Hoses

Replacing Cycle Valve Boost Hoses

I replaced my cycle valve last year and whilst doing it, I noticed that the hoses connecting to it where on their last legs - especially the one from the turbo to the valve.

I know that diesel spill / fuel line is a good option to replace them with but what internal diameter hose would I need - 3mm, 4mm, 5mm or 6mm?

Looking to get the correct internal diameter hose before I start fiddling / taking a look as no doubt as soon as I touch one to check the size I won't be able to re-use it and it will disintegrate.

Many thanks

3mm

min chars

Awesome, thanks Pinger

You're welcome.

When I changed my turbo actuator I replaced all the connecting pipes on the cycle valve while I was there. And, not to original length but long enough that they could all be attached to the CV then the CV bolted in place....

Yeah thats my plan also, to leave enough slack so that I can have the cycle valve in my hand with the pipes still connected

The 3mm fuel hose was perfect for the job, reckon it took my around 3hrs in all to do it from start to finish, I also took the opportunity to upgrade the turbo to intercooler hose for a Forge one (already have the intercooler to throttle body one fitted). Its actually made quite a big difference to the cars pick up, I clearly had multiple boost leaks (and probably vacuum leaks) going on

Spill hose is indeed indispensable for a turbo fortwo

Smoothing out all the rough edges inside the standard plastic pipework makes a fair difference to pick up - especially during gearshifts. It's probably the Forge pipe's internal smoothness that is working for you. Leaks won't have helped though!

Good you've got it all done now. Especially when you feel the immediate benefit from it (the longer term reliability is thrown in for free!).

I'm getting back to sorting out the problems that caused me to take mine off the road in March. It had sat doing nothing since then but fired up first turn of the key last week - which absolutely dumbfounded me. Still robbed it of a gallon of petrol for the strimmer though. I'll get back to it next week and see what all it needs. Still a one owner from new 450. Can't be many of those around.