Thread: Passion 2000 Door latch not working

Passion 2000 Door latch not working

My 2000 Passion LHD passenger door is failing to latch shut when the door is closed ? with a forceful bang the latch won’t hold the door shut !
    Help, advice please guys ?

If you use a screw driver in place of the bar that is on the door jam, can you get the hook to go round the screwdriver and stay shut? If so, then loosen the screws holding the the D ring on the door jam and wiggle it as far as you can towards the outside of the car. do the screws up and try shutting the door. If you can get the door to shut and stay closed, then you can loosen the screws, move the D ring closer to the centre of the car, tighten the screws and try again. Eventually you will find the point where the door closes and stays shut and the D ring is as near to the centre of the car as you can get it.

If on the other hand, you can not get the door hook to stay in position on the screwdriver, then you will have to take the door lock out of the door to see what has gone wrong in there. Maybe a bit of metal has bent or broken off?

Evilution has a How to on taking the door lock out, I think.

John

Probably just sticky. Hose in some penetrant to the mechanism and work it with a screwdriver as John suggests. My 450 used to this when it froze in winter.

What has happened to me is the outside door handle sticks slightly & doesn't go back in properly. Bit of silicon spray on the plastic handle did the trick.
    I've also heard that the cable from the handle to the lock sometimes gets sticky.

https://www.evilution.co.uk/index.ph...vicing&mod=240

Thanks to all you guys for input ! I have doused in WD40, twiddled all the parts and now door latch working ok
    Good results Thanks again ������

Good work - result!