Thread: Coolant Temp Gauge.

Coolant Temp Gauge.

Remember back in 2015 when I did this............

http://www.smartz.co.uk/showthread.p...light=lancepar

Well recently the sender in the engine packed up and the gauge would no longer go up from its starting temp' of 40C.
    I've checked the running temp's via the OBD and all is well.
    Problem is that when I try a replacement sender the gauge is reading much higher than the readings I get from the OBD.

Sensor.jpg

Do single wire Oil/Coolant sensors have different resistances?

Confused

There are different resistances in the sensor as there are several different aftermarket Oil and Water gauges available from different manufactures, the documentation of which tells you only to use the gauges supplied with the sensors.
    I bought two sets at one point because I misplaced the first set. Then found the first set after a while. Wasn't really happy with the dial of the second set, so attempted to swap the gauges without swapping the sensors. Gauges didn't work correctly, so had to swap them back.

Can't say I measured the resistances of the sensors, but as above the gauges showed different values.

John

Thanks John,
    I'll either get a replacement set, Gauge and sender or not bother with an aftermarket Gauge.
    Or might get a phone mount for my old mobile with the Tourque app' as a display, which was suggested back in 2005, not keen on leaving a phone in view to peeps though.

Lance