Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Delhi 150 E question

Delhi 150 E question

Has anyone using Delphi figured out how to Flight Record ie, record data for playing back later?
    All I can find when clicking the FR icon is that a Flight Recorder Template with required engine parameters selected has to be constructed - but no clue as to how. I can select parameters on the Live Data page but there there is no FR option and leaving the page loses the selected parameters.
    Apparently, FR works with only the interface (and SD card) plugged in while driving - no need for the laptop.
    Any ideas anyone?

Sorry, never tried that function on the Delphi. Used live data to check stuff but never the FR option.
    I'll have a look to see if I can work it out, but don't hold your breath...lol
    Good luck.

It's got me perplexed! Even reading Delphi's user guide doesn't help.
    Would be good getting it to work. I hate driving and trying to read live data at the same time - especially when what I'm trying to read requires big throttle inputs.

Progress - of a sort.
    Screen tells my my interface cannot do Flight Recorder - despite it having a slot for an SD card....
    No matter, I can simultaneously graph three functions and though they can't be permanently saved, they survive switching off the ignition and removing the interface cable so possible to review captured data more leisurely than on the hoof.

Sounds like success of a sort. What are you trying to log?

It isn't for the smart but its replacement. Two things I want logged are Lambda sensor readings as they change with throttle opening (TPS) and, mass air flow vs throttle opening and rpm. New motor runs on LPG and the first test is just to check the mixture isn't going lean on opening the throttle (though I have other methods of looking at that - but not log) and the latter is too see if the LPG kit is restricting airflow. Hoping to get all of that done tomorrow.

No joy. With engine running I get the 'Ignition on, engine not running' prompt and when I click it it reboots the connection and fails. Getting it to display the graph page is a trial of patience - often as not unrewarded. Ho hum...

The problem with LPG is that no filling station has it anymore. I used to source LPG from Aberdeen Brig of Dee ASDA which has been out of LPG for about a month now due to Brex****.
    Drives a Smart Cdi - 65 to 85 MPG

Agreed TK, LPG can be hard to source and twice over I've arrived at Brig of Dee and there's been none. There is LPG at Cairnie and Inverurie (between me and Aberdeen) and at Kinloss in the other direction so I can make it work for me - just!

Flight recorder worked perfectly for me first time.

To get your brain windings in gear I recommend ample amounts of whisky before you start.

Select the parameters you want recorded in live data. Save these to flight recorder by clicking the grey flight recorder button:

I then exited live data and clicked the red flight recorder button to confirm my template indeed was saved:

Then disconnected laptop from multiplexer and pressed and held record button on multiplexer until it started flashing green.

Drove my Kangoo Trekka for a short drive.
    Turned off flight recorder by again pressing and holding record button.

Connected laptop to Delphi multiplexer and clicked flight recorder button and uploaded session to laptop:

So easy if you got enough whisky inside your head.
    Drives a Smart Cdi - 65 to 85 MPG