Thread: All good things...

All good things...

To the final few - hello.

It's been a long time since I've come onto the site (6 plus years?), which is not ideal as the founder.

The site itself is in bad shape, the software is desperately in need of an update and there's no longer the technical capabilities in house to manage this.

So after careful thought, I'm planning to wind down the forum. If any plucky individuals would be interested in taking the reins, feel free to contact me. Sadly, I no longer have the time and resources to keep Smartz going long term.

To all those friends and great experiences I've had over the years - thank you - Matt.

Matt, Smartz smart car forum Admin

Thanks for the heads-up. And for starting the forum - it will never be forgotten.
    If things transpire as you suggest, when will the site close?

If I can't fine someone to potential take it over - I'll lock the content so it's read only and then allow the current domain info to end in about 6 months.

Matt, Smartz smart car forum Admin

There are still a tiny number of people who still, after all these years, contribute. The trouble with these types of forums is they are time-consuming to maintain properly. It's sad, but I agree its end has come.

My only regret is that the admins and moderators didn't do anything sooner to prevent its decline, but here we are.

I must admit I have contributed less & less as the years have passed. The club spirit to owning a Smart has disappeared, which is a shame, it's now just another car. No more waving to other Smarts, club meets, etc...
    We've still got our two City Coupes, owning "Nelly" since 2003 & "Jax" since 2005. Can't believe it really, where have all the years gone?
    I remember the first forum I joined was "Funkysmart" & I've still got the Tee-shirt!
    Thanks to all the people on here I've had the pleasure to chat with & the helpful advice I've received to solve problems.
    The forum will be missed.
    Wishing you all good health & fortune for the future.
    Cheers
    Martin.

"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"
    Last edited by Mr T; 29-04-2022 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
    .... No more waving to other Smarts, ....
    I do & they wave back .... (either that or they are waving & thinking WTF is that?

Hey Matt, lets chat. I'll DM you my mobile
    Sensible mode deactivated, back in a Roadster

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.