Thread: Been some years BUT I am back 2013 CDI Project, Looking for some advice

Been some years BUT I am back 2013 CDI Project, Looking for some advice

So, weve dived into a CDI with an engine problem.

I pick it up tomorrow so will be able to have a much better look then but I was wondering if anyone had some immediate ideas on where to dive in first to look at.

I am probably going to get a used engine and just replace it but I would like to try and isolate it to if it is an ancillery incase I end up wasting my time with an engine replacement.

Its got 60k miles on.

it has the following faults

P2359 and P2668 and its running in limp mode pretty much instantly. There seems to be a serious oil leak so I will need to source that.

There is no major rush to get it done but its certainly something I will be into for the next month or so and it will then be our Daughters car once I am happy with it.

Glad to be back, Missed the whole micro scene ha ha

As you can see, not a lot of traffic in these forums now, most appears to be on the social medai platforms - does make searching for possoible previous answers difficult but that seems to be the way things are going.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Heinkeljb View Post
    As you can see, not a lot of traffic in these forums now, most appears to be on the social medai platforms - does make searching for possoible previous answers difficult but that seems to be the way things are going.

John
    Thanks John
    I totally agree. FB etc are rubbish at indexing search results and that unfortunately will be the killer of a lot of information. I am a member on the FB groups but I like to keep a forum going even if its slow.

To update so far I rolled the engine out and done a few checks. Put it all back in and at the moment the injectors are off being tested as it is overfuelling badly so first step is to check the injectors then move onto the the pump.

Sounds like a plan, pump is most likely fine - maybe a stuck pressure reducing valve? Don't know a lot about the thigns that go wrong withteh diesel engines fitted to Smarts - pretty good witht eh first gen petrol ones as ran my one for 20 years before I had to get rid of it because I need more carry space.

John