Thread: Re: Forfour Brabus ESP Fault

Re: Forfour Brabus ESP Fault

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and have recently bought my first Smart in the way of the Forfour Brabus.

After only have the car a few days I have encountered my first problem.
    While driving down the A1 on Monday the 'ESP Faulty go to Smart workshop' message appeared on the on board computer.

When I stop turn the car off and re-start the fault has gone, but is soon came back after about 20 mins driving again.

There is no loss of power and the car does not go into limp mode.

Can anyone give any advise on what to do, where to take it and roughly how much it will cost to fix?

I live just outside of Darlington, don't mind traveling within reason.

Hope someone out there can help, Many Thanks, Mark (44Brabus)

Last edited by 44Brabus; 01-10-2008 at 09:38 PM.

My roadster does that, i assumed maybe one of the wheels came off when running over a bump on the motorway causing the abs and warning light to come on

but i put it on a diagnostic machine at my dads garage and aparantly it came back with brake switch, which can be adjusted under the pedal, still not got round to adjusting it because i know its not going to cause any trouble
    Scott Russell

Take it for a check at a dealer or indy just to make sure. It may just be a sudden loss of grip and the brain is panicking thinking you're losing control.

But brakes are wot stop you so get it checked out. You did the right thing BTW, stop switch off engine wait then restart as this usually clears the problem.
    Alice (1.3 Pulse forfour) 2007 - 2012 Zoe (1.4 SE Corsa) 2012 -

Hi Mark .... welcome to smartz , good choice of car ...
    . [/I]

your car also has a memory in it for errors so if you stop and start and the light goes off it remembers faults so when put on diagnostic machines it will come up with the fault so you dont need to wait till it happens again to take it to a dealership to get diagnosed.
    Scott Russell

ESP Fault message

Quote Originally Posted by ScottRussell13 View Post
    your car also has a memory in it for errors so if you stop and start and the light goes off it remembers faults so when put on diagnostic machines it will come up with the fault so you dont need to wait till it happens again to take it to a dealership to get diagnosed.
    Hi, did you manage to resolve the fault? Just asking as my forfour cdi is giving me the same error now.

No error codes have been logged so the garage are having trouble diagnosing since the waring message comes up randomly when driving.

Thanks