Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The truth about claimed mpg figures

Quote Originally Posted by The horned 1 View Post
    They should have kept the 6 speed gearbox
    It doesnt bother me, as the new gearbox is a million times smoother, and lot faster at changing gears
    Smartz Admin staff member - Here to help!

Having a smart is only the beginning, so why not join in with the community?

In between smarts at the moment. Had to get something sensible

- Citroen C4 VTR+ 1.6 HDi 110bhp

STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIE! Thank god. You're alive. Hows the tooth?

I love the new 5 speed box too. The old one gave me whiplash!

lol thanks! Glad someone noticed I wasnt about hehe Have the day off, so had a long lie in. Tooth is still sore, and an hour to wait till the dentist

Anyways, back on topic! The main problem I had with the old gearbox was roundabouts. You'd put the foot down to go, but it was still deciding which gear to be in, mean while a truck is headin right for you! The new one wont change down into 1st quite so quickly, and will pull away in 2nd happily

Hey Stevie, it wasn't the same without you

Am I right in thinking that neither of your new cars will have mhd? (yours and Adam's)
    Our Lovely Smart baby arrived on the 29th December 2010. Little Ethan Steventon

Thanks Veggy! will be on later on tonight as andy is working and i'll need something to distract me from the pain lol

Yeah your right. the 84bhp and the diesel are MHD yet. Our smart we have (71 passion) doesnt have it either

aww poor you!Hope it feels better soon
    Our Lovely Smart baby arrived on the 29th December 2010. Little Ethan Steventon

This interests me because I've never failed to achieve manufacturers mpg figures in any car I've owned - under controlled environments the manufacturers need to hire me to get their figures up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoo View Post
    It can fit in any Smart IIRC, it's the same for a Roadster and a 450 so it should fit the 451.
    Whilst the Roadster and 450 are genetic brothers (same engine, ECU, other shared parts) etc, doesn't the 451 share it's bloodline with a Mitsubishi? And therefore, have a totally different ECU?

-Lee

Poor steven. Ate too many sweets and now has to pay the price!

I find the kickdown function on the new gearbox is much more affective and a smoother down-change too. On the 450 it was like a half hour wait, like the car was too thick to count backwards lol.

Veg, I'll have no MHD on my car sadly, and I don't quite understand why Merc haven't introduced it to this model yet. It might have something to do with the fact it would probably knacker the turbo with all the stop-starting but I can't be sure.

they developed the non turbo first, the 84 & brabus will be available with it by end of year, begining of next