Thread: Wiring flat strip LED sidelights ...

Lightbulb Wiring flat strip LED sidelights ...

hi, i know a few people have done this but i dont want to start tapping into wires i shouldn't be .
    does anyone know how and where i can wire the flat led strip so it comes on with my side lights ...?
    Last edited by alex181185; 07-03-2009 at 12:36 PM.

i dont know the wiring of this particular car, but if i would be doing this, i would use piggyback style crimps, together with blade/receptacle crimps, and just cut into the positive supply line to the sidelights. run the negative to any convenient bolt on a metal chassis part (this should be earthed through to battery) use a ring crimp to ensure good connection. The good thing about this way is if you decide to remove the strips you only have to rejig teh way you have attached the crimps together. Also make sure you put insulating tape around the crimps once connected to save any annoying short circuits.

there may be a connection available on the fusebox, but without knowing the car it is hard to say

hope this helps
    i am not here often but i make a contribution when i turn up

thanks well got email to say lights have been dispatched as soon as there here and on i will post pics xx

yeah yeah do u mean audi lights i had some fitted the other day my man just wired them to the rear lights dont know if thats any help
    oh yeah ive got a roadster brabus coupe looks slick

fresh

hey thanks for the reply i wired them up myself some time ago there's a topic "my latest mod" where i posted pics i have also done the back with the red led it would be intaresting to see yours could you post some pics?

Alex
    xx

LED strips

Quote Originally Posted by alex181185 View Post
    hi, i know a few people have done this but i dont want to start tapping into wires i shouldn't be .
    does anyone know how and where i can wire the flat led strip so it comes on with my side lights ...?
    Hi

I have put flexible strips as 'eyebrows' on the main light clusters and adhesive strips on the top underside of the grill. I wired all of the together (the current drain is minimal) and took out a sidelight (to make it easier) and soldered the wiing from the LEDs into the sidelight wire. Works a treat.

LED strips

Quote Originally Posted by alex181185 View Post
    OOps. forgot to say that white lights are OK but you could have problems with other colours under the Road Traffic Act (especially blue)

lights on the outside of any car can only be, white at the front, yellow at the side and red at the rear.
    inside a car you can do what you like as long as the main light is only on when the car is stopped.

but hay ho, if you want to illuminate your car so it can be seen from space, why not buy a corsa.

Smile LED lights

Quote Originally Posted by blackbrabus View Post
    lights on the outside of any car can only be, white at the front, yellow at the side and red at the rear.
    inside a car you can do what you like as long as the main light is only on when the car is stopped.

but hay ho, if you want to illuminate your car so it can be seen from space, why not buy a corsa.
    Don't keep up with Englandshire law so much these days but the Road Traffic Act Scotland says that you can have amber at the front if the car is imported from a country where that is permissable. (otherwise French tourists would be breaking the law just by coming here) also if on the public highway no light other than that permitted by law should be visable to other road usesrs whether or not the vehicle is stationary