Thread: Pioneer/AVIC Head unit

Pioneer/AVIC Head unit

Hi,

The standard radio/cd player in my smart can be switched on/off with a button on the front or via the ignition.

Looking at the front of the AVIC-F310BT I can't see how this unit powers up and down, anybody got one in their car and can tell me how it operates ie switches on/off?

You can download the manuals here, https://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/support/manuals/19363
    Don't know if this helps.

Thanks for getting back, but I've downloaded all the info' and as far as I can see none of it covers the start up and shut down. I haven't looked in my Smart Manual yet, perhaps I should have, I expect it covers all the various radio's. Doh.

Nothing in my book about the AVIC-F310BT, anyway I found a preloved unit and installed it in the Smarty, works fine, still learning all the functions from the downloaded manual.

With in garage testing it powers up and down on the ignition. Apparently most aftermarket units do.

Pioneer AVIC-F310BT.jpg
    (can't be bothered to turn it up the right way)

There are no switches for powering on/off as it is connected to your cars ignition. The only way to turn it off whilst the ignition is on, is to push the button on the top right corner as to disconnect the panel slightly. Once pushed back it will re start the system. Hope this helps.